Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: Casual hip-hop fans don't have a fucking clue who KRS and Rakim are.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2693766&mesg_id=2693918
2693918, RE: Casual hip-hop fans don't have a fucking clue who KRS and Rakim are.
Posted by Thanes1975, Wed May-02-12 09:31 PM
A casual hip hop fan does know who krs is. Every chick I dated are and were casuals and knew who KRS, Rakim,BDK and even Kool g Rap were....these guys are legends and great at the art to the point chicks know what "Black Cop" is and the significance of the song...you arent giving casual fans enough credit. Some chicks and just casual fans in general know more about hip hop than people think even from a casual perspective. The point of the thread is not difficult to understand in regard to the angle I'm coming at. Lil Wayne put the work in for almost a decade and impact has been legendary. He grinded and worked. Did 1000000 features..and then gained even more success. Some kid will be an adult in 10 years and will say he is a legend and have a good argument. I believe the examples I gave throughout the thread are not reaching.