Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: MadLib is the biggest Legend from the 00's on hiphop
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2693766&mesg_id=2693913
2693913, RE: MadLib is the biggest Legend from the 00's on hiphop
Posted by MikeDinosaur, Wed May-02-12 09:07 PM
Seriously, this "the PEOPLE don't care about madlib, he's not a legend!" What the fuck are you talking about? When did the general listening public ever give a shit about KRS-One's music? His impact was on heads and other rappers, and he is a legend. I looooove Kanye, I think he's a genius, musically, but you guys act like Hammer is a bigger legend than Rakim.

If DOOM keeps up his run and doesn't drop a dud soon he'll be a legend. And the stuff that makes DOOM DOOM came out in the 2000s. You all almost act like it's a strike against the era we're living in that rappers haven't been flopping after a few releases the way Kane or a lot of the other 80s guys did. Some of the longevity we're seeing in rappers is pretty amazing. For my money Big Boi's last album was as good as anything he's done, and whatever era he's *from*, he released it a couple years ago. That's now. Same goes for Raekwon. Why are you complaining about it???