Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThere are parts of the country where it's hard to avoid...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2692113&mesg_id=2692333
2692333, There are parts of the country where it's hard to avoid...
Posted by MikeDinosaur, Sun Apr-29-12 01:02 AM
Brooklyn, for instance, in Bushwick just hearing people blasting the radio out of their cars, or on the street whenever it's more than seventy degrees outside, you'll hear all the top forty songs a few dozen times before they fall off. And if you work in retail you'll probably hear them a few hundred times, at which point Katy Perry's jeans/dreams rhyme or the oontz-oontz-oontz behind Drake REALLY MIGHT MAKE YOU INSANE. I mean I liked all the adele singles and I can hardly stand to hear her voice at this point.

But yeah, some people go out of their way to make themselves miserable. And just writing off pop as a whole, fuck off. But is that even a hipsterry thing at this point? If pitchfork is the bell weather they were going bonkers over Carter III and Take Care. They love Rihanna. Most of the people I know who "hate pop" are premature codgers who haven't heard the radio in months, and when they did a lot of them liked "Bad Romance".