Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI definitely agree about that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2692009&mesg_id=2692060
2692060, I definitely agree about that
Posted by zuma1986, Fri Apr-27-12 09:36 PM
HHID has some good songs and he got back in the zone in terms of rhyming and flowing (I like SD & GS but besides a few songs, both are very straight-forward rhyming and flow-wise) but just couldn't turn it all into great songs or pick the right beats. Untitled he learned some lessons from the previous album but still felt the need to make "Queens Make The World Go Round" and "Hero" (Which rhyming wise is great but beat & hook-wise is kinda wack). Distant Relatives him & Damien killed it, I'm thinking Damien taught him how to put an album together and it's rubbing off on him now. Or I guess he stopped feeling the need to shock/throw-off/play with ppl's expectations and finally try to make the most consistent solo album. Eitherway I think regardless if this album becomes a classic or just another 7/10, it'll still be hated on by his critics and hailed as his best since Illmatic by the diehards.