Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectTool, Deftones, and Chevelle...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2689286&mesg_id=2689286
2689286, Tool, Deftones, and Chevelle...
Posted by amplifya7, Sun Apr-22-12 06:53 PM
I dunno why but for the past 48 hours i've been listening to almost nothing but these 3 bands and its connecting with me in a way that kinda music hasn't connected for a long time.

honestly Tool is amazing to me. AEnima has to be one of the best albums i've ever heard. I need to spend more time with the rest of their discog.

This Chevelle album "Wonder What's Next" is like a combination of Tool, Deftones, and Incubus or something...I found it looking up Tool stuff. Probably not as good as tool or deftones but i like it.

I used to own the Deftones "White Pony" album, not sure if I maybe still have it somewhere. I've only ever heard that album + "Shove It"...i should probably dig deeper into their stuff. I re-d/ld White Pony...it sounds even better than I remembered.

What are some other bands in this category? I was trying to listen to Opeth but was turned off by screaming, and couldnt find any links for Porcupine Tree albums.

Why doesn't this kinda music...i guess i'd describe it as some combination of melodic dreary heavy metal/grunge/ambient/experimental...get more respect from general 'music heads'? it's all around great to me in just about every way but lyrics. the songwriting, musicianship, productions..some pretty amazing shit.