Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSeems to me rappers spent more time moving jumbs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2687603
2687603, Seems to me rappers spent more time moving jumbs
Posted by k_orr, Wed Apr-18-12 09:34 AM
than they do recording tracks and touring.

It's always been so weird to me that rapper after rapper talks about copping, cooking, cutting up, and then standing on the corners early in the morning...eventually moving into management, which typically have a whole lot more plates spinning...

I don't know. You'd think after Pac's posthumous albums were released, everybody would have a catalog of a thousand songs.

*shrugs*

one
k. orr

#semi-spinoff
2687635, more funny is street rappers adamantly stating they're not rappers
Posted by T Reynolds, Wed Apr-18-12 11:08 AM
2687645, that's just annoying
Posted by k_orr, Wed Apr-18-12 11:47 AM
Industry gripes committed to wax...smh
2687770, they always say that
Posted by Ezzsential, Wed Apr-18-12 03:33 PM
or that theyre a thug and a gentlemen

"broken hearts develop a fear of flying"~keyshia cole
2687644, Sadly, Pacs work ethic wasn't romanticised, only his outbursts
Posted by Errol Walton Barrow, Wed Apr-18-12 11:44 AM

I think only Wayne ha a pac-esque work ethic, he mostly does shite, but he stays on it though.

I wonder if a bad work ethic derailed rappers careers more than shady labels. Seems to be at the center of ?uest's 'black genius' characterisations.

Also, that episode the avy is from is one of my favourite episodes of the series.
2687647, Lil B and Chuck Hamilton seem to be on that Wayne
Posted by k_orr, Wed Apr-18-12 11:50 AM
And Bun B stay recording sub-par verses with anyone who'll give him a mic.

Producer wise, shouldn't every Scottsdale/Sugarland collective swiped their debit cards for some Primo/Pete Rock/Showbiz/Diamond D beats.

It's not like any of them cats is making big noise.

Anyone seen Skillz? He can't hop on a Cameo, put out a mixtape every couple of weeks?
2687662, Yeah Lil B is evangelical with his
Posted by Errol Walton Barrow, Wed Apr-18-12 12:32 PM
Maybe rappers don't see the profit in it at this point, and are waiting for the dust to settle, trend-wise. Like, other than Rae and Ghost, what are all those Wu men doing nowadays? Its weird.

Also, those 90s producers have to be asking less than 5k for a beat. I don't get it either.