Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectLet's talk about the Black Bastards album now.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2687409
2687409, Let's talk about the Black Bastards album now.
Posted by normal35762, Tue Apr-17-12 08:20 PM
Abrock had a good post about Mr. Hood. Now let's talk about Black Bastards.

I remember when Subroc passed away my patna who was a KMD fan told me he heard about it on the radio. Then later I remember reading about it in the Source mag.

I remember getting the single for What a Niggy Know and Constipated Monkey. Then later on hearing the What a Niggy Know Remix and liking Grimm's flow. Back then to I remember Rap Pages rippin that album apart. Saying all types of mess like them sounding too much like Casual (me and a patna still clown that).

Fast forward to spring of 1996 some of my patnas had a dub of it. I was hype as hell to get it and listen to it. I was not dissapointed and it soon was in daily rotation. The whole album actually fit on one side of a 90 min tape.

More later. Add on about this album how you wish.
2687417, Sylvia Rhone created Doom n/m
Posted by imcvspl, Tue Apr-17-12 08:51 PM
2687421, How?
Posted by normal35762, Tue Apr-17-12 08:55 PM
2687485, shelving the record after sub roc died, zev love got mad depressed
Posted by k_orr, Tue Apr-17-12 11:32 PM
and from there we get super depressed Doom.

Dead Bent is a perfect example
2687621, RE: Sylvia Rhone created Doom n/m
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Wed Apr-18-12 10:28 AM
The thing that people don't talk about is...prison created DOOM. Nigga wasn't lost and wandering, he was doing a bid.
2687623, If you don't believe me go get bagged and check then
Posted by imcvspl, Wed Apr-18-12 10:35 AM
Let's not pretend like he was locked for years though. B.C.D.C. O-Section refers to jail not prison if I recall right.
________
Big PEMFin H & z's
█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am one thing, a musician." © Miles Davis

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."
2687624, jail was an Effect not the Kause (in a much damaged society lol)
Posted by ABROCK33, Wed Apr-18-12 10:38 AM
it was a chain of events

subrocs death and getting dropped by Elektra

that double whammy effectivly altered the course of his life probally leading him to do things he may not have otherwise

which led to jail time