Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectSomeone may not look at it as difficult though
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2686623&mesg_id=2687445
2687445, Someone may not look at it as difficult though
Posted by Alphabet, Tue Apr-17-12 09:40 PM
Yes, It is subjective. I also know Im not the only one that gets off on the pursuit, the chase or the process of production just as well as the finished creation.

I mean that was part of the joy of diggin, but now you got known crate diggin legends that have said they haven't been diggin in YEARS, on some "ohh it's not the same, I got all the records already"..ect

Not trying to sound like a Bruce Lee psychologist here, but I would think at a certain point in a person's craft they search and thirst for new challenges as to not stay stagnant.

So a producer like a Kanye or Just Blaze who built their career off sampling (and actually have the money to sample) doesn't do it NEARLY as much. Creatively they are onto other things.

With "Otis", NO ID said in a interview (I think XXL) he had to damn near twist Kanye's arm and MAKE him do that record, Ye made that shit is like 15 minutes on some "Okay here, are you happy? Now let me get back to my Niggas IN Paris shit.."