Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectTupac performing at Coachella
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2686526
2686526, Tupac performing at Coachella
Posted by DaKidFromHaiti, Mon Apr-16-12 06:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A7SoPVDOllk

This is cool.
2686528, N.E.R.D.
Posted by Walk On, Mon Apr-16-12 07:14 AM
2686551, i like it, but its really strange too
Posted by gwycliff, Mon Apr-16-12 08:44 AM
2686554, Was just about to post this. It's creepy. as fuck.
Posted by cidolfas, Mon Apr-16-12 08:54 AM
2686610, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by smooth va, Mon Apr-16-12 10:23 AM
2686555, How did they do that?
Posted by dalecooper, Mon Apr-16-12 08:57 AM
I really want to read about the technology and whatever else went into this. Crazy shit.
2686557, deng Pac aint aged a bit!
Posted by Questdan, Mon Apr-16-12 09:02 AM
he musta been hitting the gym up too lol
2686558, Apparently Mariah Carey used it before to do 5 concerts
Posted by zuma1986, Mon Apr-16-12 09:03 AM
at the same time around the world. I can see this technology being used by every band with a dead member or even Vegas having Frank Sinatra concerts. I mean they've been doing commercials with dead celebs for years lol
2686591, Mariah actually exists though
Posted by dalecooper, Mon Apr-16-12 09:52 AM
It makes more sense to me that they could project her elsewhere as she performs. The hologram part of this is fascinating too, but I also want to know how the fuck they created a 3-dimensional Pac and made him shout out Coachella.
2686598, Same way he shouted out G-Unit on that Eminem produced album
Posted by zuma1986, Mon Apr-16-12 10:06 AM
Nothing new.

As far as the hologram it's the same as the Mariah Carey technology just mixed with CGI. I assume they did like the Gollum from LOTR where they have someone with sensors all over their body mimicking his moves.
2686621, don't forget about Gorillaz
Posted by hardware, Mon Apr-16-12 11:10 AM
that performance at the grammy's with Madonna
2686589, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musion_Eyeliner
Posted by entitee, Mon Apr-16-12 09:52 AM
Same as the Gorillaz technology
http://entitee.com/blog/?p=70
2686559, I find repugnant on a instinctive level
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Apr-16-12 09:05 AM

"Hey, man, salute to all the beautiful doctors, everybody that�s researching and helping find cures. Salute to everyone who�s finding cures to diseaaaases. Everybody that�s aiding the people. -Lil B
2686566, Imagine the backlash of doing this with Harrison & Lennon
Posted by spew120, Mon Apr-16-12 09:15 AM
Just goes to show you that hip-hop artists are treated like second-rate
artists in America. The whole performance makes me squeamish, like
*this* is what this man's legacy adds up to? I'm not a huge fan of Pac,
but I feel outright offended by this shit.
2686575, he's clearly lip syncing tho.
Posted by Questdan, Mon Apr-16-12 09:34 AM
lol nah but for real, i didnt find this freaky but now that you mention they would never do this with any other artist, and how they treat rap artists as second rate i can definitely see that.. it is pretty disrespectful.. i wonder who's idea this was...
2686579, Naw there'll be other artists doing it soon, the technology
Posted by zuma1986, Mon Apr-16-12 09:42 AM
is just new. Mariah Carey did it but obviously it's different since she's alive. But I mean the music industry has been building towards this for years. What's the difference between this and Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole duet? Or The Doors or Queen going on tour with a new singer pretending to be the dead one. I can definitely see Vegas doing stuff like this. Start with ppl like Judy Garland or Frank Sinatra and go onward from there. Ppl just want to experience things as a collective, most don't really care if they're alive. It'd just be better if they were
2686588, Nah, this was cool
Posted by , Mon Apr-16-12 09:50 AM
I for one thought it great. They pulled it off nice. And get over it, zapa plays zapa does this with footage of frank taking solos in the middle of songs. Why the hell not do it.

lurkin since 1999. werd.
2686747, what in thee fuck are you talking about???
Posted by Crash85, Mon Apr-16-12 02:49 PM
>Just goes to show you that hip-hop artists are treated like
>second-rate
>artists in America. The whole performance makes me squeamish,
>like
>*this* is what this man's legacy adds up to? I'm not a huge
>fan of Pac,
>but I feel outright offended by this shit.

First off, it was Dre's idea... It's not like it was some record execs idea... it was Dre's... I'm pretty sure Dre doesn't look at hip hop artists as "second-rate artists in America."

Second, what does this have to do with his legacy?? As if those remix albums fucked with his legacy... This hologram shit was dope... The fact that people got excited about it just shows how much people loved him and his music... and still do...

and there wouldn't be any backlash if they did this with the Beatles... But it would obviously be much different... Pac died young and they brought him back how he looked when he died... What age would you bring John Lennon back, or George Harrison?? There would be way more factors... So that comparison you made was pretty dumb...
2686940, Yep, said it all. I was like wait....am I missing something here????
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Apr-16-12 09:03 PM
Treating rappers as "second rate" by trying brand new technology on them that could have been $400,00???
2686592, drank a fif of Hennessy, then haunt our enemieeeeeeeeeeeeees
Posted by FortifiedLive, Mon Apr-16-12 09:53 AM
2686716, lol.
Posted by ninjitsu, Mon Apr-16-12 01:48 PM
2686597, This doesnt sit right with me really.
Posted by Goose, Mon Apr-16-12 10:03 AM
Dre is pretty much exploiting 2pac's popularity. They only worked on 2 songs while pac was alive, one of which he jacked from his album to put on his album (that never was finished).

I would be less annoyed by this if they had collaborated for several years and were big parts of eachother's careers. But it's not true. Dre is just aligning himself wiht Pac to make him look good.
2686607, I'm torn with how I feel about this, but...
Posted by Brew, Mon Apr-16-12 10:19 AM
>Dre is pretty much exploiting 2pac's popularity. They only
>worked on 2 songs while pac was alive, one of which he jacked
>from his album to put on his album (that never was finished).
>
>
>I would be less annoyed by this if they had collaborated for
>several years and were big parts of eachother's careers. But
>it's not true. Dre is just aligning himself wiht Pac to make
>him look good.

This ain't the reason. No matter how many songs they worked on, Dre was a big part of why Pac signed with Death Row and he and Suge made the mutual decision to get him outta jail and sign him. Whether or not they worked on multiple songs is irrelevent. Dre played a huge role in Pac's getting his career back on track and aligning himself with the label.
2686942, Also, they performed a song with him and Snoop, and not California
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Apr-16-12 09:05 PM
Love as folks thought they would...all Dre did in the show was say "what up Pac???"

That shit was 16 years ago, if Pac hadn't been killed I'm PREEEEETTY sure that they woulda squashed the beef
2686982, pac wasnt known to squash beefs
Posted by AlBundy, Mon Apr-16-12 10:53 PM
-------------------------
“The other dude after me didn’t help my case. It was just like…crazy nigga factory going on.”
Dre makes no apologies for his own eccentricities. “I was young, and searching, trying to find myself,” he says. “Never did.”-- Andre B
2686993, RE: Also, they performed a song with him and Snoop, and not California
Posted by Goose, Mon Apr-16-12 11:09 PM
i mean i dont even really take that whole beef between them all that seriously because had pac not died, he probably wouldve wanted out of Death Row eventually as well.

but i feel like they never had much of a relationship. they were two guys on the same label for maybe a year (if that), they did a few tracks together (which again, dre took from him) and that was it.

Pac died and became a legend, and Dre re-writes history making their relationship seem to be more than what it actually was.
2687059, RE: Also, they performed a song with him and Snoop, and not California
Posted by Brew, Tue Apr-17-12 07:58 AM
>they did a few tracks together (which again, dre took from
>him) and that was it.

Weren't all their collabs on Tupac albums? And didn't Dre make the beats? How did Dre "take them" from Pac?

>Pac died and became a legend, and Dre re-writes history making
>their relationship seem to be more than what it actually was.

Hahaha - uhhhh, no he doesn't. Rarely do you hear Dre talk about Pac. And never does he act like they were best friends. But they did work together and were on the same label, no matter how short lived. So, since Dre has the money and ability to pull off a move like this, he does it because he knows the fans will appreciate it and it will be huge. And it was/is. And what did Dre do during this whole "performance"? Said "What up Pac!" then stood on the side of the stage and let Snoop take over. He didn't say another word nor even show his FACE at midstage.

I wouldn't say he overdid it.
2686603, afeni shakur must have signed off on this though, right?
Posted by SanFrancisco, Mon Apr-16-12 10:16 AM
2686608, $
Posted by cidolfas, Mon Apr-16-12 10:22 AM
2687088, Here's your answer (*SWIPE*)
Posted by CaptNish, Tue Apr-17-12 09:18 AM
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=721488&fb_source=message

Tupac's mom 'thrilled' with hologram performance
April 16, 2012, 3:09 PM EST

WENN

Tupac Shakur's mother has applauded Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre for including her late son in their showstopping Coachella festival finale in California on Sunday.

Bing: Tupac getting biopic

The rap heavyweights wowed fans during their headlining slot by sharing the stage with a hologram of the slain hip-hop hero -- and like many fans, Tupac's mother Afeni Shakur was more than a little impressed as she watched the concert footage live online.

Check out msnNOW: The social trends people are talking about

A rep for Afeni tells TMZ.com she gave Dre and Snoop permission to incorporate her son and his music in their live set and the rap producer agreed to donate a substantial sum to the charity she set up in her son's name in return.

The rep says, "She was absolutely positively thrilled with Tupac's virtual performance."
2686611, Pac & Snoop should have formed a duo. Pac got down on that.
Posted by Artful Dodger, Mon Apr-16-12 10:33 AM
2686613, finally clean live video streams from Cuba?!?
Posted by rl9, Mon Apr-16-12 10:41 AM
for real this is kinda creepy and corny to me.
i sure don't want to go to concerts to see holograms of people, especially if they are dead.
2686615, RE: finally clean live video streams from Cuba?!? - lol
Posted by Artful Dodger, Mon Apr-16-12 10:45 AM
2686617, Don't let MF DOOM get a hold of this technology
Posted by Questdan, Mon Apr-16-12 10:54 AM
2686618, imposters cost less
Posted by rl9, Mon Apr-16-12 10:56 AM
2686622, HA
Posted by hardware, Mon Apr-16-12 11:11 AM
2686647, LOL i was just bout to say this
Posted by debo40oz, Mon Apr-16-12 11:41 AM
2686689, Awesome. n/m
Posted by dalecooper, Mon Apr-16-12 12:41 PM
2686724, Then he would be officially the most bitchmade ever...
Posted by phenompyrus, Mon Apr-16-12 02:12 PM
2686638, Best comment I saw on twitter....
Posted by CaptNish, Mon Apr-16-12 11:26 AM
..."Oh sure Dre can bring Tupac back from the dead but can't release DETOX?"
I'm not even a fan of the dude, and that shit kinda gave me chills.
2686651, i assume 2pac's hologram doesn't call dre a faggot
Posted by d-bwoyFLOW, Mon Apr-16-12 11:44 AM
and call him out on his beatjacking and how lazy he is.

2686677, HA!
Posted by CaptNish, Mon Apr-16-12 12:21 PM
2686679, which sounds good except all dre had to do was show up
Posted by smooth va, Mon Apr-16-12 12:25 PM
it's not like he made the hologram.
2686649, Somebody really needs to get Suge's thoughts on camera ASAP
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Apr-16-12 11:43 AM
that's gonna be pure comedy.
2686681, dear everybody: please don't let this become a trend
Posted by nublax, Mon Apr-16-12 12:33 PM
Jesus Christ
2686686, 2pac's Hologram on twitter lol
Posted by d-bwoyFLOW, Mon Apr-16-12 12:40 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/HologramTupac
2686767, LMAO at these:
Posted by DolphinTeef, Mon Apr-16-12 03:51 PM
Yo @PRODIGYMOBBDEEP... Heard you mad homo now. Or did somebody hack ya boys Twitter? #PictureMeTrollin

You all listenin to a mumblin midget talkin bout spaceships & some chick from Degrassi? Fuck @LilTunechi. Fuck @drake! HOLO > YOLO

I'm about as transparent as that fucking Wiz Khalifa's corny ass lyrics. #HitemUp
2686824, RE: 2pac's Hologram on twitter lol
Posted by beatnik, Mon Apr-16-12 05:11 PM
thats a damn shame, somebody got that up quick, AND got more followers than me lol
2686693, ^^^
Posted by camerongiIes, Mon Apr-16-12 12:53 PM
this is the beginning of the end
2686701, i love you technology....where's nates performance tho?
Posted by Hellyeah, Mon Apr-16-12 01:04 PM
2686756, The Nate performance was just to pictures of him
Posted by CaptNish, Mon Apr-16-12 03:10 PM
...and was a much more beautiful tribute.... if you over look that the song that it was set to was "AIn't No Fun" lol
2686828, save that money and give it his Family
Posted by Menphyel7, Mon Apr-16-12 05:17 PM
nate Dogg ain't getting 2pac money
2686702, diddy is somewhere pissed he didn't think of this 1st
Posted by bucknchange, Mon Apr-16-12 01:04 PM
i hear it cost 100k-400k to do.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1683173/tupac-hologram-coachella.jhtml

The Coachella festival is a place where minds routinely get blown, usually due to an awesome set or a killer reunion from one of your favorite bands. But on Sunday night it was thanks to the ghostly re-appearance of West Coast rap legend Tupac Shakur. He materialized on stage alongside his old friend Snoop Dogg during a crowd-pleasing set by the Doggfather and Dr. Dre, which also featured appearances from Eminem, 50 Cent, Wiz Khalifa and Warren G.

The resurrection of 'Pac, who was murdered in 1996, would have been a face-melting surprise had word about the stunt not leaked out just a few days before the set. But the 100,000 or so fans who were on hand still couldn't believe it when Tupac materialized on stage to rip off "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted."

"What up, Coachella?" the shirtless, pants sagging MC asked the crowd before bouncing into the classic single "Hail Mary."

"We worked with Dr. Dre on this and it was Dre's vision to bring this back to life," said Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts, the San Diego company that created the hologram. "It was his idea from the very beginning and we worked with him and his camp to utilize the technology to make it come to life."

Smith said he wasn't allowed to talk about the creative aspects of the production — including how the hologram was able to seemingly perform the set in synch with Snoop and whether all the vocals were 'Pac's — but he did say that his company has the ability to recreate long-dead figures and visually recreate them in the studio. "You can take their likenesses and voice and ... take people that haven't done concerts before or perform music they haven't sung and digitally recreate it," he said.

The hologram was the latest visual magic pulled off by AV, which is also behind the 2005 Grammys performance featuring Madonna and the holographic members of the Gorillaz, as well as holograms used in concert by Celine Dion and the Black Eyed Peas.

The Tupac hologram was several months in the planning and took nearly four months to create in a studio and though Smith was not able to reveal the exact price tag for the illusion, he said a comparable one could cost anywhere from $100,000 to more than $400,000 to pull off. "I can't say how much that event cost, but I can say it's affordable in the sense that if we had to bring entertainers around world and create concerts across the country, we could put in every venue in the country," he said.

The life-size Tupac was amazingly life-like, down to the late rapper's signature tattoos, Timberland boots, jewelry and movements, all of which were also recreated under the direction of Dre.

The hologram, of course, already has a Twitter page and more than 3,300 followers at press time. A spokesperson for Dr. Dre could not be reached for additional comment at press time.
2686720, Prog. Pac to Crip Walk was a bit too much...
Posted by HIM, Mon Apr-16-12 02:04 PM
Was he ever known to do that when he was alive?
Once this technology becomes more affordable, I can see this being extra annoying.

Just like posthumous songs putting artist who didn't like each other together.

But in an effort to not be too much of a hater, I'll add that this came out really dope!
2686725, That was pretty dope....
Posted by Crash85, Mon Apr-16-12 02:13 PM
I would've been trippin out if I was there...
2686736, They can't do this for Week 2...
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Apr-16-12 02:31 PM
Sooooo, Eazy E hologram?
2686738, I was wondering about that too...
Posted by Crash85, Mon Apr-16-12 02:34 PM
I was thinking maybe a Nate Dogg hologram... Or maybe they'll have Pac saying different shit and performing different songs...
2686944, Wait, WTF, there's a week two?????
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Apr-16-12 09:08 PM
2686961, yup.
Posted by astralblak, Mon Apr-16-12 09:54 PM
thought the same shit when i asked my friend what she thought about it. she was like, don't know, im going next week...

O_o

them dudes who organize it CAKIN'!!!!
2686745, looking like a NBA2k12 player animation...
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Mon Apr-16-12 02:46 PM
2686768, DOOM prolly somewhere laughing maniacally
Posted by DolphinTeef, Mon Apr-16-12 03:53 PM
he bout to CAKE
2686829, Seem weird They do this when he was at odds with both of them
Posted by Menphyel7, Mon Apr-16-12 05:19 PM
when he died..I'll be more comfortable if it was the Outlawz or shit even Buckshot he was one of the last people working with pac before he died one Nation album.

The dude who call you a beat jacking faggot you giving him a hologram.

I wonder if Pac wasn't so loved and remembered like he is would dre still do that.

and that shit was just downright creepy..this the beginning of every movie where the computers and machines take over that's step 1 right there lol
2686854, RE: Seem weird They do this when he was at odds with both of them
Posted by Crash85, Mon Apr-16-12 06:09 PM
>when he died..I'll be more comfortable if it was the Outlawz
>or shit even Buckshot he was one of the last people working
>with pac before he died one Nation album.
>
>The dude who call you a beat jacking faggot you giving him a
>hologram.
>
>I wonder if Pac wasn't so loved and remembered like he is
>would dre still do that.

You gotta think about this though, Dre was at odds when Eazy died, but he still loves him and has honored him at different times... He knows at the end of the day, all this beef shit is bullshit...

plus, the Outlawz, or even Buckshot ain't got that HOLOGRAM MONEY! Whole lotta headphones sales went into to making that shit!
2686934, uh easy was different they came up together and was friends
Posted by Menphyel7, Mon Apr-16-12 08:54 PM
2pac and dre was said to be complete opposites. Didn't Dre visit Easy in the hospital too before he died.

They say Dre was sorta mad that Suge basically just threw pac on Calforina love and put it on all eyes on me.

I don't see them as being really that cool to begin with Like if Pac didn't die they probably still wouldn't fuck with each other really.

Easy and Dre would have reconcile when he left Death row.

Outlawz got money tho they eating good off them pac records lol.

It was a great show tho and a moment everyone was talking about it so IT work great....

Radiohead still had the best show tho lol
2686945, LMAO...the Outlawz can't afford to make a hologram sticker of Pac
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Apr-16-12 09:10 PM
That was 16 years ago, you think they wouldn't have squashed it once Pac left Death Row? How many feuds in Rap have lasted more than 6-8 years?

Snoop and Daz beefed for a minute, Snoop and Dre had tension, Dre and Cube definitely had beef, etc etc. Only ones who never ever made up were Daz and Dre.
2687017, I"m saying they wouldn't be beefing but they wouldn't be friends
Posted by Menphyel7, Tue Apr-17-12 01:27 AM
or working together...They just seem like very different people and souls.

They would have mutual respect maybe but wouldn't be buddy buddy.

They probably wouldn't have made another record lol.

That hologram shit was dope tho and it has everyone talking so it def work and did its job.

2687022, Speculative angle and unresolved beef aside...
Posted by Ghetto Black, Tue Apr-17-12 02:16 AM
Using his likeness in such a manner is as disrespectful as the posthumous releases that altered and manipulated his voice. Let the man rest.
2686848, RE: Tupac performing at Coachella
Posted by Original Juice, Mon Apr-16-12 05:54 PM
A New Hope

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/148727_436332879715615_100000167206888_1889257_1298547754_n.jpg
2686857, 2pac looks like he grew a couple inches
Posted by 2Future4U, Mon Apr-16-12 06:10 PM
and put on some brolic weight while in purgatory ( or Cuba )
2686922, Been hittin the weight room w/Dre apparently..
Posted by Original Juice, Mon Apr-16-12 08:33 PM
You can really tell when "performing" next to Snoop..
2686929, I thought it was phat and have no issue with it and further uses
Posted by Ishwip, Mon Apr-16-12 08:49 PM

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)
2686971, Yo, this dude just said "Phat" though
Posted by Adwhizz, Mon Apr-16-12 10:24 PM
I haven't heard that in like 12 years.
2687001, lol
Posted by Ishwip, Tue Apr-17-12 12:09 AM

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)
2687009, Emma Frain... damn... n/m
Posted by Crash85, Tue Apr-17-12 12:25 AM
2686947, I knew some of y'all would be negative about it, but this shit was great
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Apr-16-12 09:12 PM
Twitter went NUUUUUUUUUUUTS over the shit last night.

As for the whole "he can dig up Pac but can't make Detox"...y'all realize how much money he makes off headphones? And how much stress and creative juice it takes to make an album that can at worst be, um...classic? He'd rather scrap it and keep caking than do an album, and I'm not mad at him
2687003, the last Important Rapper
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Apr-17-12 12:10 AM
can't nobody get a reaction out of folks like Pac and folks know this.

ain't been nobody else like him since he passed.

this is something else and i expect a Michael Jackson type of performance and others.

Pac is more Alive than alot of these MC's out now.
2687007, RE: Tupac performing at Coachella
Posted by WARGOD357, Tue Apr-17-12 12:22 AM
SHIT WAS STILL CREEPY
2687090, Annnnnnnd they're taking Pac on Tour.... *swipe*
Posted by CaptNish, Tue Apr-17-12 09:26 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/hologram-tupac-tour-snoop-dre_n_1430798.html?ref=entertainment

Hologram Tupac Tour: Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre Reportedly Want To Take Dead Rapper On The Road (VIDEO, POLL)

The Huffington Post | By Kia Makarechi Posted: 04/17/2012 8:10 am Updated: 04/17/2012 8:10 am

Tupac is still alive, maybe.

Tupac may be coming to a city near you. In a move that's unlikely to put rumors the late rapper is still alive to rest, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are considering taking the hologram that performed at Coachella on tour, WSJ reports.

The two rap heavyweights were pleased with the hologram's performance Sunday, as the rebirth of one of the most beloved rappers of all time became the most buzzed about incident of the entire weekend.

The Wall Street Journal article also notes that the projection of Pac isn't a true hologram, as its a 2D image. Digital Domain, the company behind the performance, also did the Oscar-winning visuals in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." For the Coachella performance, they used a technique originated in 1862, in which an image is bounced off of the ground onto an invisible screen.

On Sunday, Tupac really appeared to be on the stage, rapping along to "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted" and "Hail Mary" and name checking Coachella while hyping up the audience. When Snoop Dogg appeared on stage beside the rapper, the Tupac image would turn to him and gesture in his direction.

Judging from the comments section on our post on the performance, many viewers were blown away by the realistic nature of Pac's mannerisms. One common criticism, however, was that the projection was about as tall as Snoop Dogg, when Tupac was much shorter than Snoop in real life.

Sources in the Journal article said that Dr. Dre had a "massive vision" for Pac's projection. Both an arena tour and a more intimate, club tour were being considered at the time of this writing.

The "hologram" already has its own Twitter account, so perhaps it can keep us updated on its tour dates there.
2687129, Just read that on Pitchfork
Posted by quikfit, Tue Apr-17-12 11:39 AM
highly doubtful that will happen though........
2687094, this was my favorite photo of the event
Posted by Approaching, Tue Apr-17-12 09:38 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/470096_10150674704326451_599456450_9427414_1931162351_o.jpg
2687104, As one of the few Pac stans here...I have to remind you all
Posted by Stadiq, Tue Apr-17-12 10:13 AM

that Pac actually did have a history of squashing beefs.

Arsenio.

The Jones family (I mean he called out the entire family, then ended up engaged to Kidada)

Going at Shock for not giving him good beats

The confirmed Nas story

etc, etc

Pac had a big mouth and a short fuse- he admitted this.

I think people are taking this a little too seriously.

It was actually pretty cool of Dre.

Pac is going to sell more records off this than Dre is.

Pac is being talked about again (do you know how many people hit me up on this topic? haha)

It was a surprise- Dre didn't sell more tickets off this.

2Pac has been gone since 1996...and he is THE story of Coachella.

My only concern is that it is going to turn into a gimmick. I really hope they don't go on tour, because that would be too much.

Overall cool moment, got people talking again, hopefully some youngins go out and buy some Pac records...

2687122, well said-never heard about him going at shock though
Posted by makaveli, Tue Apr-17-12 11:13 AM
tell us more.
2687217, It wasn't a public thing from what I recall
Posted by Stadiq, Tue Apr-17-12 02:56 PM

I think it was in some Shock G interview where he revealed around the making of Strictly Pac was going off on him in the studio for not giving him better beats..."hits" or whatever

The result was I Get Around...

2687127, Agreed.
Posted by Brew, Tue Apr-17-12 11:27 AM
2687290, IT wasn't a surprised it was widely reported
Posted by Menphyel7, Tue Apr-17-12 05:30 PM
people was saying Nate dogg was getting one 2.

I see what you saying I really do hope this is just a special one time thing...I really hope it doesn't become a tour...I fear it will tho since he saw the response he got.

Yea like I said I'm sure they wouldn't be beefing but I dont think they would be working or tourin together either they seem like opposites and seeing pac work ethic they only did 2 songs together and one of them was one Suge Made dre put Pac on the record and give it to em. One of the reasons DRe left to beging with isn't it?
2687251, A little bit of sadness & weirdness 4 me!!!...
Posted by Brownsugar, Tue Apr-17-12 03:55 PM
but I guess it's like back in the good ol' days when everybody was burning candles and Thomas Edison flicked on the first light bulb!!! A revelation, the dawning of a new day!!!

I think we better get used to it, a new beginning!!! I hear they are taking the act on the road so we gotta get used to it...

I liked the performance :-) :-) :-) !!!

♥ :* I LUV ALL A' Y'ALL!!! :7 !!! :* ♥
2687538, diddy could do a whole biggie and friends tour
Posted by GumDrops, Wed Apr-18-12 04:43 AM
or wu-tang could tour with ODB

DITC with big l

we could have a whole industry dedicated to dead rappers

2687546, RE: Tupac performing at Coachella
Posted by Mr Tan, Wed Apr-18-12 06:10 AM
Dont care if late..

http://t.co/K7EaCgB6
2687607, i wonder if Coachella got a ghetto.
Posted by FortifiedLive, Wed Apr-18-12 09:46 AM
2687711, an error in judgement
Posted by drugs, Wed Apr-18-12 01:56 PM
2687714, Haha - what? How so?
Posted by Brew, Wed Apr-18-12 02:00 PM
It's getting like...97% positive reviews/reaction and his own Moms signed off on it.