Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThis is beyond false
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2685173&mesg_id=2685379
2685379, This is beyond false
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Apr-12-12 09:02 PM

>
>Big's got him beat on the storytelling tip.

I love how when and artist puts a word like "story" into their title it gives the dumb ass people a chance to jump at an obvious opinion.

Listen man, there is not an MC in the same realm of Nas when it comes to storytelling period.

From entire tracks like Undying Love to single verse like in The Message, this dude tells a story with attention to detail that other MCs just don't have.

Big is a cool storyteller but his joints are fun little stories...Nas is writing on another level than these other MCs in this category.

There is a reason why I Gave You Power is beyond the best out of the three gun metaphor joints and that's because Nas went deeper with the metaphor and story and actually gave the gun human characteristics while having a moral to the story, which had a beginning, climax, and ending.

I guess people just don't understand the art form. People on here will probably say Snoops Lodi Dodi is a better story joint than Undying Love.