Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectYo fams...do I get a massive late pass for this?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2683235
2683235, Yo fams...do I get a massive late pass for this?
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Apr-07-12 08:41 PM
Cuz I swear I NEVER heard of these cats til like 2 hours ago. Feeling kinda lazy and didn't wanna pick out something to listen to at the gym, so I hit the Pandora button on the phone and the last station on it was Tribe. The first song was this shit here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPyue3DN73c
As soon as it started I was like "please let that horn stay in for the entire song", lol. So, who are these cats. I downloaded this "Ink is My Drink" album with the quicks. EVERY beat is mellow as shit.
2683241, Panacea are so good.
Posted by CondoM, Sat Apr-07-12 09:03 PM
I don't think I heard their last two albums, but their run from Ink is my Drink to A Mind on a Shop Through Time is one of the best runs in hip-hop as far as I'm concerned.
2683242, I'm digesting "Ink is My Drink" right now...
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Apr-07-12 09:07 PM
I'll check for that other one you mentioned. Shit like this restores my faith in hip hop, man.
2683244, They had another one in between called the Scenic Route.
Posted by CondoM, Sat Apr-07-12 09:12 PM
It doesn't have the peaks of Ink is my Drink, but overall it's a more cohesive album. It's probably the best of the three.

I hope you enjoy them, they don't get much love around here anymore.

Their DJ, Damu the Fudgemunk was the producer of Y Society's classic album, Travel At Your Own Pace (with Insight).

Apparently K-Murdock (the producer of Panacea) also did an album with the lesson's very own Random which I had no idea about.
2683245, Damn, I don't know why I didn't know Damu was their DJ
Posted by mrhood75, Sat Apr-07-12 09:15 PM
And I really, really, REALLY like "Ink is My Drink." Gotta check for their other albums.
2683247, man, it's so fuckin good....
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Apr-07-12 09:17 PM
when "Pulse" came on my Pandora, I stopped lifting. I'm bumping Ink right now with Magic/Sixers on mute.
2683381, Love this album...
Posted by ry 213, Sun Apr-08-12 03:50 PM
I was going through a difficult time when it came out and used to bump it all the time to uplift my spirits...
3022900, ah the lesson
Posted by mista k5, Thu Mar-19-20 12:53 PM
i was looking into who damu was since i really liked ground and water and saw wikipedia said he was part of panacea. i was like word??? i loved panacea. then i look up panacea and see damu isnt listed. decided to run a search before asking and found this post.

i think im going to have to go back and check out more panacea albums and y society as well.
3022901, my, goodness...I made this post 8 years ago...
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Mar-19-20 01:24 PM
still rock with these dudes, too. Major. Thinking Back Looking Forward, Ink is My Drink, The Scenic Route, 12 Step Program...all are pure excellence.
3022902, i had no clue who damu was last year
Posted by mista k5, Thu Mar-19-20 01:27 PM
i think im going to dig up what i can on dude. reading through posts about him on here was interesting. looks like i need to listen to vignettes now! then well see.

did he do a full project with raw poetic?
2683262, ...thought you were talking about THIS Panacea
Posted by double negative, Sat Apr-07-12 10:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQx3129ECvc