Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectHonestly, I really can't speak on the Stones, McCartney, some of
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2683197&mesg_id=2683796
2683796, Honestly, I really can't speak on the Stones, McCartney, some of
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Apr-09-12 05:43 PM
those artists.

I would say it is true, but as I said, he put out a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of material after the 80's, and by number, he's put out way more average albums than great ones...so somebody who knows nothing of Prince would look at his discography and be lost if they had no idea what his important albums were.

Compare it with Mike...well nah, he's Mike, I won't do that. But most artists from this era weren't putting shit out nearly as much as Prince in the 80's, yet many of them STILL came out with the occasional hit since then, if that makes sense. Prince does have Diamonds and pearls, The most beautiful girl, the two singles I mentioned above, and..........after that? Maybe 1-2 other songs, but really nothing else that casual fans know or remember.

So yea, what you say is correct, these artists are always gonna be remembered for their old classic material, but I still feel like they had more important and remembered albums than forgotten about ones. I think Prince just oversaturated the game with his.