Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectas an aside, I think it's easy to pile on.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2683197&mesg_id=2683328
2683328, as an aside, I think it's easy to pile on.
Posted by disco dj, Sun Apr-08-12 09:38 AM
meaning, all of sudden ( as somebody pointed out "on this site"), there's a lot of revisionism, and people acting like P***** ain't made a good record since "1999", and that's a lot of bullshit.

I'm not a die-hard, but I'll go on record as saying just about every release has SOMETHING on it that I like, and if nothing else, it doesn't hurt my brain to listen to it, no matter how "bad" it is. Unlike MOST shit that drops these days.

I realized that you fuckers were nuts when I caught hell for liking "Diamonds and Pearls". Everybody acted like that was the worst album in music history, and the two or three people who agreed with me were accused of being Stans who were just blinded by The Midget.

I guess my point is this. You guys just don't accept new music from people who are, as you assholes like to phrase it, "old" or "irrelevant". ( how a person who changed the musical landscape can EVER be considered 'irrelevant' is beyond me, but whatever...I'm old, right?). Now don't get me wrong. P***** hasn't really made anything recently that I'll run out and get, but I'm not gonna sit on my ass and downplay the fact that the man is STILL making music.

Stop annointing every up and coming act as the GOAT, and appreciate what you guys have.