Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectHe hasn't. He's one of my favorites, but it just doesn't translate to
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2683115&mesg_id=2683473
2683473, He hasn't. He's one of my favorites, but it just doesn't translate to
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Sun Apr-08-12 10:37 PM
his own music.

And the thing is, I think he tries, but just CAN'T make the music and albums that he wants to.

Bad thing about it is that he can literally make any type of Rap that he wants and it'll sound dope and not forced. We've heard him on Premo Boom Bap, DJ Quik styled West Coast, Drumma Boy strip club music, Neptunes prime songs, Timbaland prime songs, Laid back southern soulful tracks, Beat boxed 80's styled tracks, Crunk tracks, Upbeat ass shakers, etc etc etc etc etc etc ETC ETC ETC.....like there's literally not a style from last decade that he couldn't rip. Yet, he still doesn't have a whole lot of memorable singles, and doesn't have a single album that's GREAT. They're all the same decent-good to me...none are wack, but none make you say "ayyyy put on that Luda album from 05....or the 03 one, they're both classic."