Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectone moar reason i hate the music business
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2682319&mesg_id=2682550
2682550, one moar reason i hate the music business
Posted by araQual, Fri Apr-06-12 11:14 AM
i know going forward artists have to do everything possible to stay financially afloat, but purely from a musician/artist standpoint here, shouldn't this kinda behaviour be referred to as..i dunno, reprehensible?

and forgive my simple-mindedness, but if i wrote and recorded a song, and pop star wants to use said song but had no hand in writing or producing it and is in fact doing a glorified cover version of it but wants CREDIT, i would tell em to go fall off a cliff. even if u divorce money from the equation, ALL i would want is for the song to have its proper due credit (aka I WROTE THAT SHIT AND I WILL BEAT UR ASS IF U MUSCLE IN ON IT).

but ppl have been doing this for ages and cos it's yet another absolutely bankrupt standard industry practice it's all ok n shit. man fuck pop stars/starlets and fuck the dickheads who prop em up. fucking vacuous bunch of ppl, majority of em. anyone with any sense and self-respect would stay the fuck away from trying to make it within an inherently sick system. and anyone without a fucking SOUL would do anything to get ahead in it (i'd qualify Yonce as a non-soul-having mofo).

ok im done *rolls another J*

V.