Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: lolz @ "shrimp cleaning tool"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2682304&mesg_id=2682909
2682909, RE: lolz @ "shrimp cleaning tool"
Posted by Bombastic, Fri Apr-06-12 10:21 PM
>Man, ol boy was onto something with his synopsis of "Dirt".
>The lyrics on some of those cuts like "Rain When I Die", "Down
>in a Hole", "Sickman", "Junkman" and "Dirt". Also, you're
>dead on with that lyric you quoted. "Nutshell" is my favorite
>AIC song. I have the Unplugged DVD and I prolly watch it
>twice a week. It was an amazing performance, but at times
>it's hard to watch for me. The applause from the crowd when
>the guys came out one by one for the performance of Nutshell
>and the roar when Layne walked out, to Layne forgetting the
>lyrics to "Sludge Factory", to him looking generally frail and
>sick and singing kinda funny becasue he had no front teeth.
>It makes up the beauty and ugliness of that whole show.
>
Yup, recorded at the Brooklyn Academy of Music where three years later I saw Questlove lead a band featuring The Roots plus Vernon Reid & others perform 'Party At The End of Time: A Tribute To Prince's 1999' where they covered the whole 1999 album with a different lead singer for each joint (including Joan Osborne on Little Red Corvette, Prince Bee on Free, Corey Glover on Lady Cab Driver & Bilal on International Lover).......after that show Young Bomb (jaw protruding from an E pill ingested earlier) saw Kamal outside & said 'Yo Klangskwad! (old OKP's know that reference). 'That was the funkiest orchestra ever constructed' to which he laughed & said 'thanks brotha' while I'm sure hoping to God his ride would get there already.

But back to Layne, yeah he was in rough shape already by then, I remember much being made of those gloves he rocked for that with the fingers open (which was apparently to hide needle marks, never knew if that was actually true, it could go either way).