Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectIn my highschool, noone cared
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2682304&mesg_id=2682790
2682790, In my highschool, noone cared
Posted by Jakob Hellberg, Fri Apr-06-12 05:36 PM
Everyone was either sailing ravers, computer-nerds also into techno or just into plain pop. There were some death metal guys in my class who also dug Soundgarden, AIC and Pearl Jam but they hated Nirvana and I remember they were making fun of his death ("I guess his name should be changed to Kurt No-brain now"-still remember that one)-noone else even acknowledged it.

I'm sure that people that went to Schillerska (=the bohemian high school close to mine) were crying in the corridors though...

personally, I felt... something. I was not a fan of Nirvana at that stage and "Nevermind" didn't really change much for me musically even if I liked some songs but at the same time, he was a symbol in a way and it's always something special when those dies. However, Nirvana's impact on *my* surroundings at a technological Highschool where I had no friends was non-existent more-or-less so I can't really remember much beyond reading about it in the paper...