Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI think you might be overestimating T.I.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2680154&mesg_id=2680221
2680221, I think you might be overestimating T.I.
Posted by CMcMurtry, Sun Apr-01-12 03:34 AM
Maybe he's capable of having a hit still, because at one time dude had that midas touch, but when was the last one that was a true hit and not some ATL club hit shit? That last album surely didn't have one.

He's getting dangerously close to "O.G. who everyone respects and still checks for to some extent" status, while no longer being a trend setter. And that's still a nice spot to be in, 99% of rappers would kill for it, but his run feels like it could've been longer.

Again tho, he went away for a while, so I'm willing to give him a bit of a pass. However, it no longer feels, from an outsiders perspective, that hes THAT Atlanta dude anymore, but maybe someone actually there would say otherwise.

His last mixtape had some of his best work on it. Then the poor guy had Rick Ross drop his shit a few days later and steal all the hype and no one outside of a few cats here and there were talking about it, that I saw and heard anyway.

I have seen him latch onto the young ATL dudes (Future, Travis Porter, etc.)

Also, that TV show was not a good look, IMO.