Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectIf you mean from a quality of music standpoint, yea
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2680154&mesg_id=2680186
2680186, If you mean from a quality of music standpoint, yea
Posted by CMcMurtry, Sat Mar-31-12 11:25 PM
The Big 10 was mostly good to great, and that stretch he was on a while back, putting out a new song on his website every few days resulted in a lot of good shit, but dude seems obsessed with being "hot" again that I think he'll miss the mark.

Watching that SXSW performance of GRODT, even if it was weak from a live show perspective, reminded me how much great music he put out.

And for my money, the best songs on his second album are even better than the first (but it has some real clunkers, and is way too long). Curtis had a few joints (I still bump I Get Money), but that last one was a miss, IMO.

He had some of the best producers in the world (Jake One, Khalil, Scoop Deville) on his speed dial, seemingly.

I wonder if he needs someone to take an executive producer role. It seems like Dre and Em sort of leave him to his own doings, and I don't think Sha Money (who brought him some of the best beats of his career) is that involved anymore.

Of course, it doesn't seem like 50 is the type to take direction anymore. Comes off as too bullish and set in his ways. And he's rich beyond belief, so I get why he would be.