Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectNot MJ
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2677575&mesg_id=2677983
2677983, Not MJ
Posted by Delajoo, Mon Mar-26-12 06:27 AM
no that's not fair to Michael, Justin can't do what Michael could.

I feel like Justin hasn't been challenged by the musicians and producers hes worked with. Not in the idea that he's too talented for them, but he's not being pushed in any artistic direction. You can tell that because dude seems to be content rapping ghost written raps and making swag rap instead of making some honest music.

I think that if someone like Pharrell would get up off their ass and grab hold of kid, if there could just be someone with time in the game that knows how to make the kind of records that can be ubiquitous, Justin might be able to push himself and want to make some innovative music. He's got talent, hes the most marketable musician on the planet, people would LOVE to see him succeed and start making pop music that older folks/high brows can respect, but he's not being challenged by anyone around him. In my mind, hes content with making the music hes making now. I feel with age he'll be forced to switch this up though.