Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: i've got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to say about this track..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2676569&mesg_id=2676676
2676676, RE: i've got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to say about this track..
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Mar-22-12 09:31 AM
>other than show my appreciation for YOU
>for pointing this out..
>
>were there any other artists in those days who took it there
>where 'Kast took it?

Thanks…and I really don't think there were any artists who took it to where Kast took it.

At least not artists that executed as well.

And I know there are some real "hip-hop heads" who do not mess with Kast outside of ATLiens and I just don't get that because no matter what they did, they stayed true to the foundation of hip-hop.

B.O.B. is way out there, but that track is so hip-hop it's unreal. The scratching, the breakdowns, the drums…everything is just so raw about that joint and people just don't relate the actual foundation of hip-hop back to a song like that.

they don't hear that boom bap and then just write it off as "wack"

And I really have to question those people because I don't think they understand the concept that they claim they are so tied to.

and then people get mad when we complain about the state of hip-hop and think that people like myself want it to "stay in the 90s" or whatever but Kast is my favorite group because they pushed the envelope and kept is 100% true to form.

today, these artists just make music that is so far removed from the foundation of the art form.