Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectGroup Home's Livin' Proof to A Tear For The Ghetto
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2675634&mesg_id=2675673
2675673, Group Home's Livin' Proof to A Tear For The Ghetto
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Mar-20-12 04:06 PM
but that's a given. it was some cuts on the latter, but they sounded straight out of a hood basement recording studio in comparison.

in the same vein you could say Jeru's WRATH OF THE MATH to HEROZ4HIRE. man, that album kind made me mad with how much bullshit it was beyond the lead single and "Seinfeld". At a time where his message/voice was desperately needed... man.

I think that album was one of the many that kept me listening to yacht rock and shit in the late '90s. I still have a lot of disdain for a good amount of that era of music outside of the stuff that turned the lights on for this site.

meh.

oh yeah. This might be controversial: But Redman's MUDDY WATERS To DOC's DA NAME 2000 was a pretty big leap. Red's lyrics were still pretty damn good, the beats didn't quite hit like the ones on that album prior. That album wasn't doo doo (the next album he released was) but it was an omen of sorts.

As I said in the Ice Cube post, hip-hop in the late '90s/early '00s had some extra-clean, wack sounding beats. unfortunately, that was the era of its highest chart dominance.