Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectbiggest gap in quality between albums
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2675634&mesg_id=2675634
2675634, biggest gap in quality between albums
Posted by d-bwoyFLOW, Tue Mar-20-12 02:35 PM
common going from like water to electric circus was fuckin unacceptable.

it's crazy lookin at dylan's discog.
you got the folk run
then you got the electric iconic trilogy
then two very underrated country tinged minor classics
and THEN you got self portrait
i mean.........what the fuck. i know theres theories that bob released self portrait on some self sabotage shit but i dunno....but honestly lookin at how great his music was up to the point i guess it's not unthinkable, even tho there was some warning signs on nashville skyline.

i thought rae wuz spittin on immobilarity or whatevawhateva. but he went from rza's finest production ever to z-list generic garbo. damn.

talking heads goin from remain in light an up to that point every album had been a step up in quality, then they drop speaking in tongues which ain't awful but c'mon son. reamin in light might be the best album of the 80s. an once speaking in tongues dropped it wuz a wrap. they were neva the same.

i ain't heard them but from what i hear, marv's album post-here my dear are str8 trash. so that would seem to be a good one.

i guess you can do it the other way as well. how mobb deep stepped they game up from that generic garbage juvevine hell to the infamous i'll never know. crazy step up in quality.

radiohead goin from pablo honey to the bends is another.