Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI'm Sorry But I Can't Choose
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2672264&mesg_id=2672612
2672612, I'm Sorry But I Can't Choose
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Mon Mar-12-12 10:22 PM
Out of GZA, Raekwon, Inspectah Deck, Method Man, & Ghostface I can't really choose cause those five kats each got their own chamber that makes them so likeable as a Wu-Tang member.

GZA is always the most intelligent and on point lyrically but when it comes to solo songs & albums he's lacking.

Raekwon is definitely entertaining and can go on for days on that gambino shit but sometimes he goes in circles on subjects, he can hold his own song for song but not an entire album, he needs guest appearances to spice up his albums.

Inspectah Deck, is 2nd when it comes to line for line lyrics with GZA and has a better flow than him as well, he will definitely out do others when it's not a solo joint but when he's solo he either picks beats that don't fit him, and sometimes his albums are monotonous.

Method Man has the flow, personality, and is great for hooks & choruses no doubt, but he's not the best at lyrics at times but when you're in a group of great emcees not everyone will be the best but Method Man is no slouch, he's more the party & bullshit kat who will throw a few punchlines here and there each verse but nothing great just comical.

Ghostface Killah got his own lingo only Raekwon comes slightly close to it but Ghostface is still in a league of his own lingo-wise, he's the one kat I can listen to a lot more than any of the other Wu-Tang members overall as well; but to me he's not great in the subject department, he raps about the same topics a lot (but I do like kats like Mobb Deep and they rap about the same ol' shit every song too) so it's not like it's a negative just about how much you can keep it refreshing which I will admit Ghostface does 75% of the time. Also when it comes to solo songs & albums he's #1 in holding his own for sure.

Also RZA got his own lingo but to me listening to him is like listening to someone rap about puzzle pieces in slang; Ol Dirty Bastard was the most entertaining one in the group too...R.I.P., his first album got much rotation from me more than OBFCL did but his later albums was a big let down; Masta Killah 1st solo album was dope as well only cause he made sure every Wu-Tang member was present on his album and they all fit and the beats were on point and was his lyrics; U-God & Cappadonna what can we say about them other than they are apart of the Wu.

When all is said and done, I still can't choose who is the best member of the Wu-Tang inner circle.