Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectdamn, really?? imo, GFK is a top 10 MC all time...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2672264&mesg_id=2672457
2672457, damn, really?? imo, GFK is a top 10 MC all time...
Posted by DonWonJusuton, Mon Mar-12-12 02:47 PM
versatility... light shit, dark shit, serious shit, comedic shit, stories, pop, r&b, etc. etc.

lyrical dexterity... has some of the more dense material i've ever heard... i still marvel at shit like verse #2 on "One".. rhyme schemes are super complex too..

best (or 2nd best) solo album of the bunch... for me personally, Supreme Clientele is a top 7 rap album

innovation.. dude's storytelling ability is off the charts.. and not even just in a straight up, linear format... dude switches POV, includes Tarantino-esque asides and detail.. the actual content of the stories is generally such that GFK is the ONLY person who could rap shit like that..

personality... granted, he's topped by ODB and RZA in this category, imo.. not Meth, even though most ppl would argue that.. i think Meth's style is easier to swallow, but Ghost has the more interesting personality.. i've mentioned this here before, but the way he sounds serious as hell and at the same time, tongue-in-cheek.. i dunno, i think it's pretty damn impressive.. it creates a pretty interesting on-wax persona (i think DOOM does this to an extent too)

consistency/longevity... kinda self-explanatory..

if i had more time, i could go on and on... but as an artist and as an MC, i think very very very few ppl are seeing Ghostface