Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectThoughts on Pep Love- Rigmarole
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2671235
2671235, Thoughts on Pep Love- Rigmarole
Posted by Abstract_TheEclectic_Nubian, Thu Mar-08-12 12:16 PM
So far, it's shaping up to be one of the best LPs this year. He definately took his time with this one. The rhymes and beats are on point. He really touched on alot of real shit with this one. It was definately worth the wait. The only gripe I have is that I couldn't get a hard copy and had to settle for ITUNES(Damn you Best Buy!)& some of the guest emcees didn't sound the best over the beats, but that may be because Pep makes everybody look bad on a track with him.
2671237, search is your friend
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Mar-08-12 12:26 PM
2671239, I'd rather just make a new post thanks
Posted by Abstract_TheEclectic_Nubian, Thu Mar-08-12 12:28 PM

2671261, friend of mine called Pep an "underground Common"
Posted by melmag, Thu Mar-08-12 01:19 PM
I laughed but its kind of an apt description.

but Pep raps circles around Common IMO, even in Com's prime.

Anyway, is the album on a "spiritual" trip like Ascension or is it more "battle raps" leaning? I loved Acension but some diversity wuda broke the monotony

2671367, I can see that comparission
Posted by Abstract_TheEclectic_Nubian, Thu Mar-08-12 05:31 PM
but there are alot of "underground Commons" going by that standard.

Anyway, Pep has always been pretty spiritual, I don't see him changing that aspect. I don't think its a battle rap album, but in my opinion he does a pretty good job of weaving the two styles together.
2671426, Pep is one of my fav emcees
Posted by TheAtotheK, Thu Mar-08-12 09:37 PM
I have always admired his ability to sustain uplifting messages while flowing ridiculously over beats. Can't wait to hear the new offering.