Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectyou act like I thought Snoop was sure to garner the most votes lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2670849&mesg_id=2671233
2671233, you act like I thought Snoop was sure to garner the most votes lol
Posted by vee-lover, Thu Mar-08-12 12:12 PM
I don't care nor control how ppl vote on a message board lmao...if the majority of ppl on here think Common is the better MC then so be it

but

as I said, most polls ranking MCs (outside of OKP lol) would rank Snoop over Common for reasons other than just lyricism which is, as I included, part of the criteria for judging an MC but NOT THE ONLY THING thus the reason why Cube, too, ranks higher in the pantheon of great MCs than Common does - even though Common is *arguably* lyrically better than him also and did, according to the consensus, win the battle vs Cube.

To add further to the point: A strong case can be made that either LL or Pac is the GOAT but do you really think there aren't a bunch of MCs who are lyrically better than them? (rhetorical question)

being a great/legendary MC involves more than just being lyrically tight - such as album sales, cultural impact, hit songs, as well as lyricism and when you take all these things into account it is very reasonable to say Snoop is the better MC btw he and Common

>BTW- you can't disown the poll or say "Only on OKP". THIS IS
>YOUR POLL.

what a nerd smh