Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: let me break it down for you about Snoop
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2670849&mesg_id=2671140
2671140, RE: let me break it down for you about Snoop
Posted by Anonymous, Thu Mar-08-12 02:41 AM
>better songs
>

Not at all. Snoop has one classic album with great singles…after that he is 85% filler.

>better album
>

Doggystyle is definitely the biggest album…but I ain't mad at anyone that likes Resurrection, One Day or Like Water better than Doggystyle.

>better live performer
>

Ok…I guess. I've seen them both and let's just say Com was part of the best concert I've ever seen and Snoop was not.

>household name
>

Technically they both are at this point. If by household name you mean, more white people like Snoop then I guess, but who cares when we're talking about MCing? That shit means nothing.

>and lets remember being a West Coast MC back in the day was
>not a happening thing for a minute.
>

Yea, and there were a fucking boat load of MCs coming out of the Chi. not to mention Common destroyed the West Coast's hardest rapper.

>Hammer open the gates and Snoop walked through despite West
>coast bias on the east coast.
>

So again, what is your fucking point? Half the shit you try to claim doesn't have shit to do with being an actual MC.

>Common ain't never made a record with as much impact as Snoop
>during both there Prime and Peak period.
>

Impact is the biggest bullshit ever when it comes to discussing talented MCs. Having an impact doesn't mean shit. If it did, then Vanilla Ice would be a better MC than Monch and if you believe that then you deserved to be pissed on by your idol.

>gin and Juice alone runs all over Common at his best.
>

1 song "runs all over" someone's whole career now? Gin and Juice is nothing but a hit single. I Used To Love H.E.R. is a better joint. Retrospect For Life is a better joint. G.O.D. is a better joint. The 6th Sense is a better joint. It's funny how Mr Pro-Black Artist is on here vouching for a technically ignorant track over an artist who has used his voice for positivity amongst his people and community just because you can attempt to use "impact" as a crutch as if I gives a fuck if 13 year old Jane and 55 year old Debbie like Snoop more than Common.

>forget all this talk well Snoop is more known, blah,blah,blah
>he earned it period.
>

Earned what? He had one classic and then PURE bullshit after that.

>last time I checked Common does
>
>Movies 1)
>

Snoop hasn't tried.?

>tv commericals 2)
>

Snoop hasn't tried?

>music videos beside his own 3)
>

Huh?

>has a Book out 4)
>

And?

>tv shows 5)
>

Snoop hasn't done that?

>so don't act like Common stayed in a Lupe Fiasco mode all of
>his career or stayed in the Professor Griff lane.
>

Who said he did? What the fucking is your fucking point? We are talking about MCing. You are the biggest fucking idiot on this site and have no concept of what a coherent thought is. It's funny how you first say Snoop is better because he is a household name and has had a bigger impact and then go on to fault Common for doing the very same things that helped Snoop become a household name more so than his actual music career.

>Common wanted that Snoop level and he got with Kayne West act
>like you Know.
>

You really believe this?

>Common just never had that kinda next level it.
>

And that's ALL you care about. You pick artists to go to bat for by how popular they are first where as I base my views off of their actual music.

>truth be told this poll outta be Snoop VS Nas. they got more
>in common.
>

Actually, it should be Common vs Nas. They have more in common. They're both dope lyricists.

>Common is like a more successful version of paris if you ask
>me.
>

What?

>however Paris had skills.