Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectmy point is it will never be higher...in other words
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2669636&mesg_id=2669891
2669891, my point is it will never be higher...in other words
Posted by Stadiq, Fri Mar-02-12 06:18 PM

No internet rapper/artist can ask for MORE hype than what Jay E had after Exhibit C.

He didn't capitalize.

So, as you say, he can drop more heat now...but it wont be BIGGER than then IMO.

And I say that because 1)thats about as much hype as a blog rapper can ask for and 2) even more people will have bigger doubts each time he pulls some dumb sh*t and 3)he has no doubt lost fans in all of this

He could drop Exhibit D and blogs would be blowing up, sure...but more and more people won't even bother because dude has yet to actually deliver. The doubts just grow and grow.

And what could be even worse is if he drops something not on Exhibit C level...people will really grab the torches. Look at that Mob Deep track.

Its frustrating a hip hop fan

And its completely crazy to me just generally speaking

And its not just the Lesson that feels this way. Actually, the Lesson seems too forgiving of him if you ask me.

I am referring to the internet...but he is an internet rapper. No one offline (who is offline these days anyway) knows about him unless they were hipped to him by some rap nerd like me.

And I'm done introducing people to him. I'm sure Im not alone- and that has also killed his buzz I imagine.

In 09 I was telling every music fan I knew about him. Now? Sh*t, what would I even say?

Hey heres a collection of songs by some never was from 3 years ago? smh