Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectAnd I have no doubt that his album is going to get a proper setup.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2669636&mesg_id=2669696
2669696, And I have no doubt that his album is going to get a proper setup.
Posted by self_ish, Fri Mar-02-12 11:39 AM
It's not as if this dude is on the radio and/or blogs venting about Jay-Z not releasing his album, or himself from his deal. Folks nowadays are just used to rappers getting signed, dropping a couple of mixtapes then releasing an album within maybe a years time. Dude is gonna put an album out. May not be this year even, but it's gonna happen. And when it does he'll have a huge machine behind him touting him as the second coming/return of the real/epitome of hip-hop/etc. As a result A LOT of (older) tastemakers/dj's will be championing his cause, and he'll also get those Mos/Kweli type of props from other mainstream rappers i.e. the obligatory "real hip-hop" artist namedrop.

Folks just need to stop acting like his not releasing music is a personal affront to them. Or not. Whatever. I know I'M not losing any sleep over it. If/when he does drop an LP I'll be copping it because I've enjoyed what I've heard so far from the cat. That's all that matters to me.