Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectHe doesn't care either way, so why should I let it bother me?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2669636&mesg_id=2669690
2669690, He doesn't care either way, so why should I let it bother me?
Posted by micMajestic, Fri Mar-02-12 11:32 AM
>I'm not a super fan, but I like dude's music, and it's kinda
>annoying.
>
>At the end of the day, it's his career, he can do with it what
>he pleases, but it seems like such a wasted opportunity.

He may have been positioned as a hip-hop savior, but that doesn't seem to be what he's all about. He's just an interesting dude who makes dope music. He's managed to parlay that a certain level of fame. He seems to enjoy his notoriety quite a bit. Maybe he's scared of losing that, and he isn't sure if he wants blow up past this. Maybe he thinks rap money ain't shit, and he wants to do more commercials and TV. Who knows.

A lot of today's artists have lost their mystique, mainly due to the growth of social media. Guys like Blu, Doom and Jay Electronica stay interesting because they seem to go to great lengths to keep their fans guessing. I don't know if a middle ground exists unfortunately, so this is what we get.

Considering the group of people that I put him in, would you rather he be more like Blu? Who do you think frustrates their fans more? The guy who doesn't release anything? Or the guy who releases a ton of lo-fi material for top dollar & puts on highly uninspired shows?