Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectTrade Gwen Stefani to BEP for Fergie and No Doubt gets Fergie
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2669491
2669491, Trade Gwen Stefani to BEP for Fergie and No Doubt gets Fergie
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Mar-01-12 10:16 PM
what do you think would happen to both bands?

i figured why not try Music Sports trades and see what could happen.

I wonder what Stefani would be like with BEP because she has leaned into a certain direction as a solo artist and i wonder how Fergie would be with No DOubt.

feel free to trade for instance Method Man from the Wu to OutKast for Big Boi and see if you think it would help or hurt said act.

this is for your imagination type of thread.
2669509, Interesting. So would Gwen be rapping? And Ferg ONLY singing?
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Mar-01-12 10:50 PM
Well I guess Gwen rapped if you count "Holla back girl" but she wasn't gettin her Fergalicious on
2669510, No Doubt fans would kill themselves and BEP fans would stop caring.
Posted by CondoM, Thu Mar-01-12 11:01 PM
2669544, yep
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Mar-02-12 02:39 AM
2669561, fergie gets to be front 'woman' for a band
Posted by bucknchange, Fri Mar-02-12 05:25 AM
gwen gets to play the back and follow will.i.am lead
that would be interesting
gwen is kinda semi retired, this could work
fergie sold a shitload as a soloist so a front woman for a band isn't much of stretch
2669619, No Doubt will be dropping an album this year.
Posted by CondoM, Fri Mar-02-12 09:23 AM
So she's not really retired. They've been working on it for at least the last 12 months or so.
2669627, I'm gonna come back later with my thoughts but...
Posted by Brew, Fri Mar-02-12 09:49 AM
just wanted to say right now I think this is a great great thread idea. Could make for some fun and interesting discussion. Sadly I'm busy as hell right now but just wanted to make that comment. I'll be back with some thoughts.
2669629, Since there's no Outkast album on the horizon...
Posted by Marbles, Fri Mar-02-12 09:55 AM

And Cee-lo has shown no interest in re-signing with Goodie Mob.

Have Goodie sign Big Boi to a 1-year deal with options. Maybe even call up Cool Breeze & Witchdoctor. Bubba Sparx might be on deck.
2669686, pretty sure a new goodie mob album is coming out with cee-lo
Posted by makaveli, Fri Mar-02-12 11:19 AM
2669634, That'd be an interesting trade.
Posted by BlackandProud, Fri Mar-02-12 10:08 AM
2669672, Gwen could play Fergie's role WAY better than Fergie could Gwen's.
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Mar-02-12 11:02 AM
Fergie could do the type of music that Gwen did on her solo releases, but there's no way she could do all the ska-punk-rock stuff that No Doubt does.
2669714, Gwen was HUGE when she went solo. BEP extends it's pop longevity
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Fri Mar-02-12 12:18 PM
by at least 6-7 years with her on deck....

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
-George Clinton
2669782, sounds good on paper...
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Mar-02-12 02:15 PM
but Will.i.am's ego wouldn't let Gwen shine...

she would be reduced to singing Will.i.am drop the beat now on every song.
2669768, I mean, this is interesting
Posted by Dr_Gonzo, Fri Mar-02-12 01:59 PM
when you're talking about Gwen and Fergie,

But Method Man and Big Boi? Ummmmm.... nigga, what the fuck are you talking about!?

On the first, I don't think Fergie could hang with No Doubt, but I think Gwen would do well with BEP. She's got the pop sensibilities that they reach for, and she's an interesting enough artist to not constantly cringe at. I'd support that. I just don't see the rest of the band accepting Fergie. Even when they're pop, they're still doing their rock shit, and I can't see Fergie doing any of that at all. Also there'd be a greater emphasis on writing, and I'm sorry, I just don't see ol' girl doing it.

Method Man in OutKast? Ummm... Okay? I don't know what the fuck that shit is about. I mean, that wouldn't really be OutKast anymore. They don't even really do the same shit. Like, at all. Big Boi in Wu? I could see that working better, but only because there's another 8 niggas for him to bounce off of. I think he may sound a little off, because while I love the Wu, I imagine him outrapping a lot of the niggas in the Wu. Just off of flow and delivery. Lyrics are something else, but I imagine every track he was on would sound like Wu featuring Big Boi.
2669881, I don't see anybody pairing up with Dre or Big Boi.
Posted by muzuabo, Fri Mar-02-12 05:58 PM
They created something special that shouldn't be messed with. We all saw how folks reacted to Consequence being added into the mix starting with Beats, Rhymes and Life. And he and Tip are blood. I think rap is the least amenable to change within a group or duo simply because of the importance of interplay between the members. Particularly between the MCs. We have seen that changes can work when the pairing is between producers and MCs but I can't think of any examples where a group of MCs have been changed and been successful. Good thread. Shit color me surprised to say that.