Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectI find most of those guys fairly inocuous.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2668963&mesg_id=2669043
2669043, I find most of those guys fairly inocuous.
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Feb-29-12 10:21 PM
For a few of them, I'm only dimly aware of their existences'. I don't think I've ever heard any material by Tyga or French Montana. I don't think I actively dislike any of them; Cudi comes the closest, but I like a track or three from his first album.

I don't know, the rest are pretty boring to me. Lupe can definitely rhyme, but I find the music he releases these days to be completely uninteresting. I don't find Drake's music compelling at all. I think Yelawolf probably has talent, but I haven't heard anything that I've liked by him since that "Mixing Up the Medicine" song. Wiz and Mac Miller are kinda whatever. Mostly I see guys with potential, but are not and won't be able to reach it. I think maybe there's an alternate universe or alternate time where most of these guys could come out make something interesting, but now is not that time.

That said, even though I'm not wowed by any of them, I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys their music. Shit's just not for me. I'm happy listening to the new Sean Born album.