Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectHaterade gulp: Drake, B.o.B., Cudi, Lupe, Tyga, Wiz, Mac Miller
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2668963&mesg_id=2668963
2668963, Haterade gulp: Drake, B.o.B., Cudi, Lupe, Tyga, Wiz, Mac Miller
Posted by Admbmb, Wed Feb-29-12 07:14 PM
I'll throw in Yelawolf and French Montana in there, too.

100% Corn.

None of these dudes represent what I want to see out of hip hop or what made me love hip hop. Each success these guys have, a little bit of hip hop dies. Matter of fact, the popularity of these chumps almost makes me embarrassed to say I listen to hip hop. I'd like to see someone make an argument that these guys make "art" or are at least sincere in the music they make. Why isn't the number one litmus test for a music artist whether or not their voice and music is authentic, honest and sincere? How is this shit not wack?

If you can rock with this stuff, then I would argue that you are (A) young, (B) only listen to what Pitchfork (in an ironic hipster way) says is cool or (C) you hate yourself and want to align yourself with half-thought-out pandering ignorance over shitty soulless production.

Its been a long day, and after listening to the radio a little bit on the drive home from work, a button has been pushed.