Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectyeah Man he wanted to Be in the same Boat as Jay Z
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2668916&mesg_id=2669334
2669334, yeah Man he wanted to Be in the same Boat as Jay Z
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Mar-01-12 02:36 PM
the cross over attempt songs were obvious 1)

the guy was going Platinum before Jay Z got this thing straight, you know when Hard knock Life hit Nas was still going Platinum 2)

gotta hurt Nas to have to eating so much humble pie and having to play the side to an act who is a bigger commerical draw then you,though you know you can take him out on a battle, however audiences want an act that they relate to more and Nas tried that with hit and miss results 3)

a rival is you dancing toward the opposite what your side is doing and yet you are pushing them and they are pushing you.

"Ether" and "take Over" went directly at the stats and the impact those records weren't on some underground tip, that was about the Stats and where you were or stood. 4)

don't think for a minute that Nas's Ex Wife use to be down with Pharell and guess what? the song that flipped Jay Z in the early 00's was Produced by the Neptunes. coincidence? naw!! 5)

Nas came along when you kept it real and you also had to sell some records and that Elephant in the room has nagged and messed with him arguably more than any other Important RAPPER if you ask me. because he truly has been torn over that. if i make said record and only have a couple of bangers it goes gold, if I bring it Platinum and yet the cross over attempts still don't get me to that Next and why is that??? 6)