Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecthaving an opinion that's different than yours doesn't mean
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2668720&mesg_id=2669289
2669289, having an opinion that's different than yours doesn't mean
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Mar-01-12 12:50 PM
I'm "mad" about anything....It's actually a cheap childish response to a different opinion, and you might want to try a different approach when discussing things with adults if you want to be taken seriously...

as far as examples of producers who rely on sampling viewing themselves as being on par with producers of the past who used real musicians.... I mean both Kanye west and puff daddy have made numerous comments saying that exact thing.... but beyond that YOU and others in this post and on this board believe that those 2 forms of production are equal and the same...or even that sampling requires the same or an even higher skill set than producing music with real instrumentation..... So its hardly that anyone is making these things up.... YOU believe it.

The fact of the matter is that I disagree with that point of view. Making music with real musicians requires a greater skill level..usually by multiple people than sampling. To me I think it's pretty obvious....but if others disagree, I have no problem defending my point of view..

I think the idea that sample based music is on par with the original from a technique point of view...from the point of view of general acceptable standards in Black music....that thought process is why the music in general is of a lesser quality and impact today...