Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: It'd be nice if the best rappers rocked on those kinda beats though
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2668720&mesg_id=2668794
2668794, RE: It'd be nice if the best rappers rocked on those kinda beats though
Posted by Nodima, Wed Feb-29-12 11:52 AM
well how many samples do you want? do you want only specific types? here's two of the more popular albums to come out recently, not majority samples but samples nonetheless.

Young Jeezy - TM103
OJ: "Banka" by Meiko Kaji off her 1974 album Golden Star Twin Deluxe.
Supafreak: "Superfreak" by Rick James off his 1981 album Street Songs.
Leave You Alone: "Garden of Peace" by Lonnie Liston Smith off his 1970 album Dreams Of Tomorrow.
F.A.M.E.: "Air for Life" by Above & Beyond with Andy Moor off their 2006 album Tri-State and "You and Love are the Same" by The Grass Roots off their 1968 album Feelings.
I Do: "Cause I Love You" by Lenny Williams off his 1978 album Spark of Love.

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch the Throne
"No Church in the Wild" contains samples from "K-Scope" as performed by Phil Manzanera, "Sunshine Help Me" as performed by Spooky Tooth and "Don't Tell a Lie About Me and I Won't Tell the Truth About You" as performed by James Brown.
"Niggas in Paris" contains samples from the Reverend W.A. Donaldson recording "Baptizing Scene" and dialogue between Will Ferrell and Jon Heder in the film Blades of Glory.
"Otis" contains samples from "Try a Little Tenderness" as performed by Otis Redding, "Don't Tell a Lie About Me and I Won't Tell the Truth About You" by James Brown, and "Top Billin'" as performed by Audio Two.
"Gotta Have It" contains samples from "Don't Tell a Lie About Me and I Won't Tell the Truth About You", "People Get Up and Drive Your Funky Soul" and "My Thang" as performed by James Brown.
"New Day" contains samples from "Feeling Good" as performed by Nina Simone.
"That's My Bitch" contains samples from "Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved" as performed by James Brown and "Apache" by Incredible Bongo Band.
"Who Gon Stop Me" contains samples from "I Can't Stop" as performed by Flux Pavilion.
"Murder to Excellence" contains samples from "La La La" as performed by Indiggo and "Celie Shaves Mr./Scarification" as performed by Quincy Jones.
"Why I Love You" contains samples from "I Love You So" as performed by Cassius.
"Primetime" contains samples from "Action" as performed by Orange Krush.
"The Joy" contains samples from "The Makings of You (Live)" as performed by Curtis Mayfield and "Different Strokes" as performed by Syl Johnson.