Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectPicked up 4 used CDs for <$12 at Newbury Comics the other day
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2665640&mesg_id=2666017
2666017, Picked up 4 used CDs for <$12 at Newbury Comics the other day
Posted by Stevie Lee, Wed Feb-22-12 05:33 PM
Damu Ridas - self-titled. It was like $2, and I saw it had some Tweedy Bird Loc production on it when I looked it up on my phone, so I had to cop it. Plus I'm a sucker for novelty cases (guess what color it is).
J-Live - All of the Above. I never got this when it came out for whatever reason...it was actually a new copy labeled as used for $3.99. Not bad.
The Coup - Party Music. Decent album, especially for $3.
Ninja Tune USA - If Ya Can't Stand Da Beatz, Git Outta Da Kitchen. Double CD compilation of Ninja Tune shit from 96. Well worth the price I paid.

Other purchases in the past few weeks:
Action Bronson & Statik Selektah - Well Done. The name of the album is an apt description of how I feel about it.
Willie Evans Jr. - Introducin'. I played the shit out of this on Spotify for a few months, so I felt like I had to buy the CD.
Exile - 4TRK Mind. Same deal with this album.
Cool Kids - When Fish Ride Bicycles. A few excellent songs and a few duds. Only slightly disappointed with this.
Killer Mike - Big Beast (digital single). My most played song of the year already. Can't fucking wait for that album.

I just pre-ordered that Madlib Medicine Show #13 yesterday based on how excellent #12 was (and I really want to see that cover).