Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjecthaven't been reading, obviously
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2665640&mesg_id=2665728
2665728, haven't been reading, obviously
Posted by lonesome_d, Wed Feb-22-12 02:12 PM
*edit* - just read it!

> Aztec Two-Step,

Have never really listened to them, don't know much about them but what I did hear (waaaay back when I was in college) never really moved me.

*edit* - your review makes that album sound essential for someone who still has a soft spot for Loggins & Messina...

>Cowboy
>Junkies,

I believe we talked about stuff past Trinity Sessions and how we both lacked it entirely

*edit* - guess not. I did rip the one later CD single I got somewhere though...

>Bert Jansch,

Ah, the fascination continues! I was given a CDR of one of his mid-period records recently... didn't quite love it, but it had its moments. I've felt that way about a lot of his solo stuff, though.

*edit* surprising that you like it that much -

> Poco,

Their first record's a blast, and if memory serves surprisingly light on the country aspects.

*edit* never seen the live one

>The Pentangle

You might have more of their records than I do now...

*edit* very very interesting you found a reunion record to be THAT good. I've got another one from 1991 or so (Think of Tomorrow) tat I recall thinking was bad when it came out (though I probably haven't listened to it since, I never got rid of it.) But Think of Tomorrow is only Bert & Jacqui, so...

>Tom
>Rush.

*ears perk up* Circle Game? or earlier, or later?

*edit* I've got that debut you reference and Wrong End of the Rainbow (jeeze, how do I have three versions of Biloxi?)... but I go back to the earliest coffee-house-folk stuff more, I guess.