Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subject my dime on this here
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2663321&mesg_id=2663792
2663792, my dime on this here
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sat Feb-18-12 03:00 AM
Adele is Good, but not great 1)

she has good songs, however nothing i'd call standards, she ain't no Carole King and Lawd knows She ain't no Whitney Houston 2)

America got a major foam of the mouth to blow a British act doing R&B music. our music been sold over to the other side of the atlantic for the longest time and its a major slap in the face to be honest. love R&B music and love Black Music, but don't act like that Teena marie didn't exsist? 3)

this chick is good, however she got the Click putting bank on her and it is a proven formula, whomever they want to blow up,blows up after they have hit,but make no mistake about it this chick got serious bank on the Books to making sure she is driven down our throats even if we don't like it. 4)

since Joss stone, Anastesia, Amy Winehouse to Adele the British wave of a female artist doing there take on R&B has been pushed.

IMO all this is updating Taylor Dayne. and don't act like Lisa Stansfield wasn't more interesting than what has been pushed down our throats with the British Soulful chicks over the past decade? 5)

this formula been going on and on trying to get that modern day Dusty Springfield. bottom line the industry knows what they are doing and its the same game over and over. Adele is cool and I think she might make another 1-2 records that counts, however once she gets happy or tries to break from the mold they got her in, then its a wrap. 6)

of course there is a young Black female Artist out here who can easily do what Adele is doing, and a young Black Male Artist as well and also overseas you got them, however the industry is using multi formula here with Adele, part appealing to a older demorgraphic with the Susan Boyle vocal and warm fuzzy comforter feeling crowd and also the Nook and reading at Barnes and Noble crowd. 7)

in other words to quote the Musical King of Pop Michael Joe Jackson, "they don't care about us" however they want out formula and music to sell the same ole Rainbow around the globe music in a bottle which they have always been doing. 8)

i look at any turkey sideways that opens a post and a diss toward black acts. turkey please Adele got much White Wonder bread on the books to go multi platinum. 9)