Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectAdele is "fat and unsexy" by industry standards....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2663321&mesg_id=2663514
2663514, Adele is "fat and unsexy" by industry standards....
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Feb-17-12 01:05 PM
I know exactly what the OP is getting at... make good music. Stop trying to cater to the young, hipsters, euro-pop, whatever is hot at the moment... and you can achieve decent sales.

Kelis... never was a good singer but she had a niche. What did she do? Oontz oontz oontz... flop. Funny thing is I heard the first demo of a song when the project started that didn't make the album and it was a MONSTER. When I asked what happened to the song they (producers) acted like it never existed. Literally on some "what song?"

Beyonce.. huge star.. flopped on some retread Major Lazer bull. Made up a bunch of lies about what inspired the new sound. Ole girl is old, but still wants to sell to the youth. Grow the fuck up and remember who supports you.

Dance with the muthafucka you came with instead of chasing after a new sound that's old by the time it's mastered.

I don't listen to R&B as much but you can pretty much point to any one of them and I bet you they are trying to cater to an audience they have no business catering to.