Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectLOL, that's an obvious one!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2662886&mesg_id=2663191
2663191, LOL, that's an obvious one!
Posted by Jakob Hellberg, Thu Feb-16-12 06:10 PM
I never hated him as much as many others do and I think on some songs his voice worked because of it's ''mean'' vibe (''peace sells'' is a good example). However, he can sound REALLY whiney at times and yes, his voice definitely took away from my enjoyment of the band.

On that topic, I don't think Joey Belladonna worked for Anthrax on ''Among the living'' and onwards. He's trying to hold on to some melody but at the same time, many of the riffs don't accomodate normal vocal melody so he's sort of half-singing during long stretches; it must have been frustrating for him because he obviously had a strong traditional metal voice and a gift for singing melodic stuff but I don't think he managed to find a fitting voice for their somewhat more extreme direction. Still, it's their most popular album so I guess I'm in a minority...

Oh yeah, Vio-Lence (duh!). That dude should never have been near a microphone, WTF? I don't even know what he was trying to do on the ''Eternal Nightmare''-album. It worked better on their second album but there, the music is much weaker...