Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectBasically - I mean I won't lie Rkellys throwback album
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2662045&mesg_id=2663834
2663834, Basically - I mean I won't lie Rkellys throwback album
Posted by Artful Dodger, Sat Feb-18-12 08:49 AM
with the exception of that Mj cover and maybe one other pro pop song - was really incredible.

Def on par with Raphaels and Amy Whinehouse's and was overlooked.
Now why cats are even going that direction to begin with is some silly shit to me - but hey - it sounded great.

Kelly in particular cause I heard he even redesigned his studio with older equipment and everything. If that's true that's just amazing.

However you are right - hes being played now alongside Freddy Jackson so huh... lol

But ya know Maxx - if you are reading this will you please address my "Rkelly sliding around the studio like a snake" comment. And I mean that literally not symbolically from the interview he did with Vibe magazine a few years go?

Ya know - where he had his staff put dirt in the studio and stuffed animals cause he wanted to feel like he was in the motherland for that "wind ya body" song? or something like that? I know thats side-stepping the convo a bit but do you remember that?