Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: I mean personal taste is that - but you have to be kidding Maxx
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2662045&mesg_id=2663714
2663714, RE: I mean personal taste is that - but you have to be kidding Maxx
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Fri Feb-17-12 09:30 PM
Prince was important in the 80.s

just ok in the 70.s

overrated from the 90's til now IMO.

the only thing that keeps Prince in the mix is his early to mid 80's run and the fact he can bring it to the stage, however if I was going by his 70's stuff, his 90's stuff,00's stuff til now, then Prince would be working drive thru with Alfonso and Eugene Wilde.

yeah Freddie Jackson's music moves me more these days and his live show is cool. Prince to me at times trys to appeal too much and over the past 20 years he wants to be Blacker Musically as if Nat Turner was his long lost Uncle and Prince trying to Prove it and it just feels off.

R.Kelly is far more interesting Musically than prince IMO and he has out-lasted him in R&B, don't believe me, you better go ask somebody.

Freddie Jackson was a King of R&B back in the 80's and R.kelly been the King since the 90's.

Prince ain't never ran R&B like either one of those cats.

Yeah prince got talent, however he is his own worst enemy and he didn't understand balance and timing.

alot of people got talent, however how many know when and how to always use it?

Prince ain't moved me in Years and he just feels like a Nostelgic Act over and over again.

not kidding at all because i moved on long ago.

some acts you can admire and respect, however if you don't ever hear anything from them again then it ain't no loss and that is how I feel about prince. like i said in the 80's He was something else, but that was a lifetime ago and I have long ago moved on.