Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectMichael Jackson just like WHitney Houston was that "IT" Act
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2662045&mesg_id=2663531
2663531, Michael Jackson just like WHitney Houston was that "IT" Act
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Fri Feb-17-12 01:44 PM
and the bottom line MJ set the standards period. he got trained at Motown and watched the best and went from there.

MJ's big flaw was his success and he didn't put out more product at sony. however in his Prime and Peak he was the top dawg IMO.

he did it all and he made an artistic statement,because anybody who thinks having hit songs, records and hit tours are the norm, doesn't understand the business.

what other kid act except for Stevie Wonder went to even greater heights as a Adult Artist?

MJ made statements on tours when he could literaly do a whole decade of his hits and then not even touch another,not many acts got it like that.

he could do a all motown show for 2 hours and you would be set. he could do a all Epic Era for 2 hours and you were straight.

He had the songs and he gave the people what they wanted.

Prince is a very talented cat and like i said live on stage i'd still go see him, but as far as Studio stuff goes? NAW that boat sailed way back in the late 80's and i ain't feeling what he has put out on a whole enough to want to buy anything new for quite some time.

i respect Prince's musical talent and whatnot, however he just doesn't move me enough to get interest beyond his peak and Prime past.