Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectRE: meanwhile MJ sold out about almost 30 more dates than Prince
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2662045&mesg_id=2663403
2663403, RE: meanwhile MJ sold out about almost 30 more dates than Prince
Posted by murph71, Fri Feb-17-12 10:12 AM
U still don't get it...This is not a pissing contest anymore...People are dying...We losing our greats...The difference between me and you? I don't roll with needless agendas...I would tear up just as I did when MJ and James passed, if it were Stevie, Rev Al, Prince, G. Clinton, Aretha or any other of the true greats...I don't turn people's deaths into a measuring stick in that way...

When Whitney was alive hardly no one was giving heartfelt praise to her...hardly no one was waxing poetic about her once in a lifetime voice...

It took Whitney's death for people to acknowledge her massive contributions to the art of singing and music in general.

So how's this for a switch? Why don't we acknowledge the GREATS while they are still alive and kicking? Prince is still here, along with the likes of Stevie and others who have had profound impacts on our lives, Maxx...Give it up to the man while he's still breathing. Because these great artists won't be here forever...