Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectPrince's problem is he started believing his pres clippings
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2662045&mesg_id=2662788
2662788, Prince's problem is he started believing his pres clippings
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Feb-15-12 11:17 PM
about wendy and Lisa. yeah they were charming and added there own thing here and there, however he was responsible for his own thing and the bottom line he got seduced into a sound and style and it got old in a hurry.

he stopped writing out songs and he tried to be something he wasn't.

i ain't never cared for no Around the world in a day or parade. IMO the best songs he gave away. that is why the revolution had to go. that sound was cold and it worked, but then it felt frost bitten. problem with Prince he wanted to go back and get the R&B Soulman respect and til this day he still is trying to show how down he is and its been average at best.

Prince was a smart Hybrid artist and that is his Greatness, but he has been set on trying to play directly into R&B and its not been anywhere close to what he had between 80-87 IMO.

or b sides for those two projects.

make an EP or album out of

a Love Bizarre,

the dance eletric

shes always in my hair

pop life

the screams of Passion

Kiss

the Original Old friends 4 sales

and that is cool right there.

those 7 tracks and its a good look IMO.

Sign o the times i respect,though there are some things i do skip on it.

Lovesexy i like parts of it and then other parts are over produced and the songs ain't got much but alot of over layering.

Prince IMO was always his best when he stripped things down.

that to me is what made him stand out, less is best but also he got alot out of it.

Black Album is vastly overrated IMO and imo he made a joke album there.

when you are in your prime and peak you should never have to say this is my Black album unless you are faking the funk??

Rick James kept it moving and then he just ran out of steam and didn't have any new energy to guide him for a while and it happens to alot of cats.

but when Rick was at his best, he could hang with anybody and alot of folks took notes.