Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectGlow was actually in the can since 1983 FYI
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2662045&mesg_id=2662512
2662512, Glow was actually in the can since 1983 FYI
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Feb-15-12 12:46 PM
he was told to release " the Greatest hits album in 84, but "Can't stop" the single was used in Beverly Hills cop.

the sound and vibe were all cut from the same time.

i dig the "Glow" video because that was some get back after all of the years Prince had been jacking his thing. prince ain't never told the truth.

Rick was in love when Glow dropped i use to live in Virginia and there was a chick he was seeing and he wrote about it on the song 'Somebody the girls's got" which was my cut from "Glow, love that groove and vibe.

RIck had a tight album with Glow,however he was trying to be accessible and I mean after all he did have a pretty big year already in 85 with party all time being huge for Eddie Murphy and the mary jane girls with "In my house" and there album doing big business.

85 was also to have been the launch of "Mary Jane Records" but him and the motown brass fell out and that is why the third Mary Jane girls project never saw the light of day.