Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectReally?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2661901&mesg_id=2662837
2662837, Really?
Posted by denny, Thu Feb-16-12 03:19 AM
I think this question may be somewhat regional...depending on where you grew up.

I'm in Toronto.....beyond any sort of explanation and of course I'm speaking generally.....but point blank.....black people are more homophobic than white people here. And black gays, on average, have a much tuffer time with their families and communities than whites. In my perception, it's not even close and is clear to see.

Was kinda surprised to see you say that. Again, maybe it's regional? Alot of blacks in Toronto are west indian so there are cultural factors at work there that don't necessarily apply to race.

I think it's an interesting point....that gay black entertainers are more closeted than their white counterparts in pop art. And....have to say....the 'wiggle room' a gay black entertainer might have seems to be in correlation to how 'white' their audience is. A black artist that depends primarily on a black audience will face more difficult hurdles in being openly gay.

Can't say I care about the timeline of a specific celebrity's orgasm history though. People live their lives. We should live ours.