Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Lesson
Topic subjectWhitney was not gay. Robyn was not her lover.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2661901&mesg_id=2661941
2661941, Whitney was not gay. Robyn was not her lover.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Feb-14-12 11:34 AM
i'm sorry for ppl who've never had a friend or close confidant. i've had a string of them in my life, post-puberty, and ppl have _always_ accused us of being lovers. _al_ _ways_. i've been tight w/my 1 homie since jr high school. we ended up in different high schools b/c i moved. but sr yr of high school i went to his homecoming dance b/c i'd gone to elementary school and jr high school w/that senior class and i wanted to hang w/them. my parents asked me point blank if me and the homie were 'lovers' b/c we went to that dance. i LOL'd in their faces. there was nothing like that between us and there never, ever has been. i won't even bring up our discordant sexual orientations here.

then in college i met another BFF. we were close from the 1st day of orientation all the way through graduation. we're still close now. apparently there were rumors among ppl on campus that we were fucking. that was never, ever the case. at. all. but still, ppl talked. b/c we were so close. b/c we were often spotted in public. it's silly.

post-college i met my current BFF. we've been tight for 15 yrs or so. (damn). we used to be seen on the scene around Chicago's gay hood. rumors swirled about us dating. ppl see us together now and still assume we're fucking. even though he's been w/his current boyfriend for 5 yrs. it doesn't matter. ppl's tongues keep wagging.

all i can figure is what i said initially in this reply. that ppl haven't had a close friend like the ones i have or like Whitney and Robyn had or like Oprah and Gayle have. i feel sad for them.